Friday, August 4, 2017

Good Morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 05Aug2017. Today’s deck is the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot* by Chic & Sandra Cicero, two longtime GD initiates & published “experts.” (I put that in quotation marks not to mock them, but to highlight that they know their stuff.) The deck is mainly been issued to highlight the GD color scheme for the Tarot, which is here kept to its strictest interpretation. It’s a good deck and reads well; it just isn’t in my regular rotation. “The Golden Dawn Magical Tarot uses symbology and colours as adhered to by the Order of the Golden Dawn. The major arcana show abstract and very vibrant scenes, but the minors are overly repetitive. Little changes between the cards of a suit but the number of cups or pentacles.” (Aeclectic.org) “Onward & Upward! Today’s draw is: Sulfur = 0 the Fool; Mercury = III the Empress, and Salt = the Prince of Cups. Ha! I see that I am STILL screwing around in my birthday suit as the newborn 0 the Fool. I have been the Fool more than the normal number of times recently (yesterday!) and to have it repeated means that I am either A) going to continue in a vacuum-headed state of existence, simply afloat on the Great Sea of Chaos around us all, or B) that I am NOT remarking something obvious and necessary to start the Journey (through Cups) but that WILL be forefront soon. A or B, coupled with C, being C) at least as I begin this Journey through Cups (see previous posts) I KNOW I’m starting out as a ranked beginner (so to speak; I’m not entirely without experience & knowledge in the field . . . harrumph! Grin.) “At any rate, Madge, there I sat, mouth wide-open like a flytrap, and . . .” we next arrive at my Anima’s position for the day, as complimentary to Animus in 0 the Fool, 
and she is III the Empress. Looking down at the spread it is VERY easy to perform the little mental magic to tie these two together as mother & child, but IT ISN’T TRUE; or at least not now, here, today, for me. My Anima and I are fine, comfortably seated together on the double throne of my being, but that does NOT mean that I see her in any way, shape or as maternal. I have too many recently buried ghosts I collected during the “period of grief” after my mother’s death. I put that in q-marks, as I did not grieve her passing; it brought to the light some of her more nefarious character traits, and while I loved my mother, I do not cherish certain aspects of her memory. She did the best she could, and I am at peace with that. So, if my Anima is in the Empress today it is in her own right, and “by the testicles of Odin! I say she has the right to do so!” Grin. My Anima has caught up FAST, and is just as savvy and on the ball as I could wish her to be. (Being No. 2 she tries harder – grin. “Joke, ladies and joims, joke!”) The GOOD thing today is that she is feeling settled and in her Kingdom: the beneficent Gaia holding court, and “She is the Symbol of Action, the result of the union of Science and Will.” (goldendawn.org) I can live with that in my Anima today; Osiris knows that we need someone to steer the boat today, and that gabbling, drooling infant doesn’t seem to be up to the job (grin.) By the way, just WHAT is he doing? Smoking that wolf in hookah-style? LOL! Contemplating yellow roses (which happen to be my favorite roses) as he smokes the wolf, he is seen as “The average stage of man in the present stage of Earth-evolution is ‘human,’ but not yet at the stage of wisdom, consequently that of the ‘unwise man.’ To us, creatures living upon the Earth, this globe cannot be observed by us in toto, and the Fool is represented as a man walking without paying attention to himself. There is something of absolute Fate about this figure, which reminds us of the old saying of astrologers: “The wise man rules his stars, the fool obeys them.” On the point of this fatality all authorities agree. For the rest the explanation does not seem very satisfying. To us there appears to be no doubt regarding the nature of this Fool, presented as a final ‘principle,’ if we may call it that, after those of the planets.” (supertarot.co.uk) So while they can give off, together, a great Mother/Child act, they are not at ALL mother and child, but rather future-husband and wife. Today I seem to be in a learning stance vis-à-vis my Anima, so I think I’ll just shut the piehole and listen up. We round the corner to come upon a very shady character indeed, the Prince of Cups. You would think this guy would be a knight-in-shining-armor kind of guy, wouldn’t you? Dudley Do-
Right of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, riding to rescue Pearl Pureheart, who has been tied to the train tracks by Snidely P. Whiplash. Grin.  BUT, NO-o-o-o-! Grin. He is actually rather a sly dodger, as described by the Golden Dawn. “He is subtle, violent, crafty and artistic. A fierce nature with calm exterior. Powerful for good or evil, but more attracted by the evil, if allied with apparent Power or Wisdom.” (Ibid) And one of the people I enjoy reading, even if he is dated and out-of-style, A. E. Thierens, has this to say; “The Water of the soul on the Twelfth and on the Eighth house. The double influence of water makes the emotions and feelings prominent, relates to the imagination, to deeper experiences and strong reactions of the soul, processes of psychic life, which may end in wonderful success or in less desirable phenomena. It is sure to indicate much relating to the subways of human life and the human soul. This is not always favourable or pleasant, of course, but is in almost every instance intensive, though the cups never go to anything like hatred or crime or real malice. Their weakness is in being unreliable or incalculable with regard to things of the exact world or matter. So in the worst cases this card may indicate everything connected with swindling from sheer mental instability. But it may also be, that the term ‘swindler’ (charlatan) is wrongly given to people who are standing apart from the common herd and are more or less occultists. The “higher graces of the imagination.” There may be certainly a considerable degree of falsehood expressed by this card: false interpretation, misjudgment, tendentious or fantastic narratives, exaggerated complaints, imaginary wrongs, pathos and what the world calls miscarriage. On account of the eighth house all this may be connected with sex-questions or intimate and private affairs. The card may express indiscretion committed and slanderous reports, secretly promulgated. It has to do with secrets and the divulgation of secrets. But there may be also a higher sway in the emotional realm: devotion, sacrifice, charity.” Rather an indictment, eh? I shall have to keep an eye on him, today, to make sure he isn’t trying to get away with something!! I know me! LOL. I ask the Cosmos to give us all a clear view of ourselves today. Be Well; Be Zen; Be Blessed!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment